Chatham Anglers Internship Opportunities
The Chatham Athletic Association is accepting internship applications for the upcoming and future summers.
Internships are divided into three categories:
- Game Day Operations
- General Manager / Baseball Operations
- Media Team
Descriptions of the opportunities in these internships are described below.
Game Day Operations Internships
Game Day Operations interns assist the Chatham Athletic Association and volunteers in many activities required to ensure our fans enjoy their Chatham Anglers
baseball experience. These activities include, but are not limited to, the following list.
- 50/50 & Collections: Going through the crowd with baseball players and other interns to solicit raffle sales and attendance contributions.
- Clinic Support: Providing administrative assistance (e.g. filling out registrations, collecting money, giving instructions, passing out t-shirts) for our week-day morning baseball clinic.
- Post-Game Meals: Providing assistance (e.g. setting up tables, passing out food, picking up and delivering food) to help feed our players after every game.
- Concessions: Providing assistance to our Concession stand volunteers (e.g. grilling, clean-up, transporting food/drink, occasionally sales/serving) at all home games.
- Merchandise: Providing assistance to our Merchandise volunteers (e.g. set-up, take down, sales) at all home games.
- Post Game Clean-Up: Going through the bleachers after each home game disposing of any remaining garbage items.
To apply for a Game Day Operations internship please contact Brian Voelkel firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject heading "Chatham Internship."
General Manager Internships
The General Manager voluntary interns fulfill a variety of roles, many of which will crop up during the season and are not outlined here.
- Must have Chatham-area housing for the season
- Must have a vehicle for the season
- Major League Baseball (MLB) scout liaison - communicate daily with MLB scouts, post starting pitchers on the league website; prepare stat sheet on home game days
- Interact with manager and coaches on statistical information
- Interact with Trackman and Synergy representatives
- Post lineups before home games
- Help GM/Assistant GM dispense and collect uniforms and equipment
- Coordinate incoming/outgoing player transportation
- Provide general help for GM/Assistant GM as needed
In addition, the person(s) must arrive approximately a week before the regular season begins (first week of June) and stay until the conclusion of the Angler season & playoffs (no later than mid-August)
If you are interested in applying for one of these internships please contact our General Manager Mike Geylin at email@example.com
Media Team is responsible for all public relations, broadcasting, digital media and social media. Specific positions are outlined below.
- Play-by-Play Broadcaster
- Beat Writer
- Media Team assistant
Inquiries and proposals are welcome. Write to Dan D'Uva at ChathamBroadcast@gmail.com
Media Team | Play-By-Play Broadcaster
The Chatham Anglers
(a.k.a. Chatham A's
) of the Cape Cod Baseball League seek an undergraduate student to join the Anglers
Media Team as Play-By-Play Broadcaster for the 2024 season.
Successful candidate will team with another student broadcaster for split play-by-play duties. Broadcasters coordinate Anglers
Media Team operations.
- Broadcast all regular season, postseason and exhibition games. (Play-by-play, color, interviews, etc.)
- Manage press box operations and broadcast equipment.
- Direct media efforts including website content & management, team publications, video production, social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) and digital media (YouTube, SoundCloud, Flickr), etc.
- Engage audience, fans and community.
- Baseball play-by-play experience
- Website management and social media proficiency
- Familiarity with audio, video and design applications (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Excellent leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Ambitious creativity and growth mindset
- Broadcast journalism coursework
- Undergraduate status
The Chatham Athletic Association will offer host-family living arrangements; additional compensation will be discussed. This position may be used as an internship.
Please email resume, cover letter, writing samples and broadcast samples (links or attachments) to Dan D'Uva at ChathamBroadcast@gmail.com
with subject heading "Chatham Play-By-Play."
Media Team | Beat Writer
The beat writers publish articles for the team's website and periodicals, including game game stories, previews and features. The beat writers also manage the team's official social media channels in conjunction with the rest of the Media Team. When applying, please submit formal a cover letter, resume and writing samples, preferably baseball related. Successful candidate must provide his/her own housing proximate to Chatham, Mass.
Preferred experience: beat writing experience with a student newspaper, website and social media management, Adobe Creative Suite
Please email resume, cover letter and writing samples to Dan D'Uva at ChathamBroadcast@gmail.com
with subject heading "Chatham Beat Reporter."
Media Team | Photographer
The Chatham Athletic Association seeks students to serve photography, digital media position within "Anglers
The "photographer" will be one in a group of students comprising the "Media Team" covering all Chatham Anglers
(Cape Cod Baseball League) games for the 2024 season (mid June to mid August). The photographer will shoot still images at all games and team functions with a focus on storytelling. Additional responsibilities include editing and uploading images, managing team Flickr page, integrating images into website, social media and team publications. May include opportunity for creative graphic design and video elements. Successful candidate must provide his/her own housing proximate to Chatham, MA. Photographer follows the direction of broadcast advisers and play-by-play broadcasters.
Preferred experience: sports photography, Adobe Creative Suite, Flickr, website management.
Please email resume, cover letter and photography samples to Dan D'Uva at ChathamBroadcast@gmail.com
with subject heading "Chatham Photographer."
Media Team | Videographer
The Chatham Athletic Association seeks students to serve video production positions within "Anglers
The "videographer" will be one in a group of students comprising the "Media Team" covering all Chatham Anglers
(Cape Cod Baseball League) games for the 2024 season (mid June to mid August). The videographers' responsibilities include directing the live multi-camera broadcast of games and shooting video of games (both for live streaming broadcast and post-production films). Additional responsibilities include shooting interviews, editing broadcast packages, cutting video highlights for each game, managing team YouTube channel, integrating video into website, social media. Successful candidate must provide his/her own housing proximate to Chatham, MA. Videographer follows the direction of broadcast advisers and play-by-play broadcasters.
Preferred experience: live sports videography, television production, Adobe Creative Suite, YouTube.
Please email resume, cover letter and video links to Dan D'Uva at ChathamBroadcast@gmail.com
with subject heading "Chatham Videographer."